Subject: Re: nVidia binary drivers
To: <>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-port-i386@quatriemek.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/30/2002 22:05:11
Le Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:33:06 +0100
Quentin Garnier a écrit :
> That means the kernel part of the driver can work. However, the XFree86
> module (which is entirely binary) can't obtain a shared memory id, thus
> I can't draw anything on the display. It's possible some parts of my
> XFree86 build are too old, or the issue is related to a bad
> NetBSD/FreeBSD interaction. Either way, I finally got that damn screen
> :o)

With a little patch against xsrc (to let the binary driver access shm*
calls), it now basically works. At least, the xvideo extension is
available, which is not the case with XFree86 regular nv driver.

And what's even sweeter is that I don't have an issue I get with a vanilla
FreeBSD 4.7, involving sound (my mb doesn't seem to handle well the load).

I'm still far from playing UT2003 though, and my mail to
freebsd-gfx-bugs@nvidia.com remains unanswered.

cube

--
That's how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything
for the swim back.