Subject: Re: openoffice & linux
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Germano Cesari <germano.cesari@tesoro.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/18/2002 14:56:42
> Interesting... How do you install it? I'm gonna try to do it myself
> as the pkgsrc version doesn't compile on my box.
>
> I'm currently downloading Linux version (1.0.1) tarball. Where did
> you unpack it?

well, actually a friend of mine (linux nerd) gave me a linux apps cd he
had around... you know, one of the compilations with kde, openoffice,
gnome, and a lot of other linux mandrake/suse/whateverelse stuff, you
can buy tons of that here in italy for a couple of bucks... on the
OpenOffice directory there was an .rpm and a .tar.gz, I just copied
both, ungizipped & untared the first (in /emul/linux/something of
course), run ./setup and it started unpacking and installing tons of
things... I selected /usr/local/OpenOffice for install (and infact the
real path now is /emul/linux/usr/local/OpenOffice) when finished I just
launched ./soffice, it went through the initial setup & registration
forms, and then started...

this easy... it works perfectly (as long as ur root I mean, but that was
my fault ;-))

Germano