Subject: netscape & linux emul
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Germano Cesari <germano.cesari@tesoro.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/14/2002 15:23:01
I'm running NetBSD 1.6 with suse 7.3 comp pkgs installed, everything
works fine, even under linux emulation (as acroread5 for example).

I connected to the netscape site using Mozilla, and started remote linux
installation. everything worked, I installed netscape under
/emul/linux/usr/local/netscape.

I run 'netscape' it starts, everything works (the info page reads
'Netscape 7.0 Linux i386 blah blah blah, the plug-in page tells me flash
is installed and so on), but I cant connect to anything. It goes on with
the same message every time: "the connection was refused when attempting
to contact xxxxxxx" after half second :-(((

Now, Mozilla works fine, but netscape seems unable to connect to any
place. Proxy settings are correct.

Is there some background work to be done in order to make linux
emulation layer correctly see the network? any ideas?

Germano