Subject: problem with irs and irdaattach i386/1.6
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/13/2002 09:17:25
I'm trying to get my palm syncing with my 1.6 i386 system over IrDA.
I had this working OK with 1.5.2, and I've sent previous messages to
netbsd-help, which gave me some good instructions.  They're just not
working ;^)

Anyway, here are some details.  First I run irdaattach like so:

  irdaattach /dev/tty00

This seems to work.  dmesg shows after the command:

  irframe0: SIR
  irframe0 attached at tty00

But when I run irs, I get the following problem:

  mingus:/root [36] # irs -c -e -y /dev/ptyqf -d /dev/irframe0
  Cannot open port /dev/irframe0

I am pretty sure that the device names are right.  Any ideas on how to
proceed?  Perhaps I need to specify more information to irdaattach?

-russ