Subject: Re: experiences with Thinkpad T30 or X30 with 1.6?
To: None <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Phil Nelson <philnelson@attbi.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/09/2002 20:05:03
Hi Greg,

>I am about to get a new laptop and am looking at the Thinkpad T30 and
>X30.  This will run NetBSD 1.6-stable (and win2k under vmware), but
>I'm happy to merge in small bits if that helps.  I'm looking for

I'm running 1.6 on the T30 on which I'm replying to your message.
It has worked quite well for me.  I had to make two changes to the
GENERIC_LAPTOP conf file to get things working for me (others helped
me find the problem.)

  First to get the 802.11 to work, I had to add:

  wi*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Wireless

  Next, X wouldn't run.  It kept seg faulting.  Finally, I heard that
others got X working by commenting out agp .... and it now works.

  #agp*         at pchb?

  It has been working quite well for me.  apm works fine.  KDE has played
some sounds ... but I haven't taken the time to find out why the kde CD player
doesn't work.

  The only thing I have not liked about but haven't had time to investigate
is that no com* appears to be found.

  --Phil

--
Phil Nelson