Subject: Re: cbb/pcic not getting an interrupt configured...
To: Jolan Luff <jolan@encryptedemail.net>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/03/2002 19:26:24
Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 07:25:47PM -0600, Jolan Luff:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 02:42:44PM -0800, john heasley wrote:
> > i've been have similar problems with a tyan mpx board.  with acpi,
> > the cardbus now gets an interrupt and the pcmcia at cardbus gets
> > configured, but the lucent wavelan still doesnt work.  [ see this msg
> > reminded me to ask here, as suggested on current-users. ]
> >
> > see exerpts below
>
> please, please don't send e-mails with 65k of text.  it is
> tremendously annoying.  post the output on the web somewhere and
> provide a link.

sorry.  folks at work prefer the former...habit.

> > adding acpi (is there more info on exactly what this chip is supposed to
> > do - i'm rather lost), near success, but the wavlan doesnt get configured
> > or even noticed.  presumably related to "cbb0: bad Vcc request.", whatever
> > that means.
> >
> > advice?
>
> iirc, VCC is the voltage setting, either 3.3 or 5.  i can't say much
> more than that with any degree of certainty.
>
> are you sure you have wi0 enabled in your kernel?

yes, its there.

seebs> FWIW, mine is also a TI chip, but it's a 1410.  Also, I have tried the
seebs> experiment of using pcic0 at isa0, and that works like a charm.

i also have a more recent version of the board, which has the 1410 but it
exhibits the same behavior.  i'll try pcic0 ....