Subject: pci_intr_fixup: no compatible PCI ICU found: ICU vendor 0x1106 product 0x8231
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/03/2002 02:21:42
I just got a new laptop, and I'm currently trying to get as much as
possible of its hardware recognised by NetBSD. One of the things I am
looking at is the CardBus bridge, which is not used because it has no
interrupt. Some Googling revealed that this is, in turn, because no ICU
was found. And indeed, I get the message

pci_intr_fixup: no compatible PCI ICU found: ICU vendor 0x1106 product 0x8231

This seems to be a PCI_PRODUCT_VIATECH_VT8231 "VT8231 IDE Controller"
and indeed is not listed in src/sys/arch/i386/pci/pci_intr_fixup.c.

I don't know how hard it would be to add support for this interrupt
controller, but failing that, is there anything else I can do? I didn't
find anything obvious in the BIOS setup. No "PNP-aware OS" option (but
one that referred to "Windows XP" or "Other", which made no difference).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.