Subject: Re: root memory disk problem
To: None <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: None <gharris@jayhackers.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/20/2002 14:27:53
Actually, the kernel is 32 meg uncompressed, but when I compress it with
gzip, it goes down to 11 megs.  Would this affect the size I can boot?
What other options are there if I can't trim it down to 16 meg
uncompressed?  are there any other loaders made for i386 hardware that are
designed for large memory disks?  Thanks

Also, Yes, a kernel without those MEMORY_DISK options does indeed work.

Greg