Subject: Re: Problem with ATI Rage (xfree86 4.2.0)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/20/2002 18:09:20
Hello Frederick,

On 20-Okt-02, you wrote:

>>   The server tries moving around MTRR stuff and dies whilst doing so (
>> (WW) R128(0): remove MTRR a0000 - c0000
>> (WW) R128(0): set MTRR f0000 - 100000
>> are the last entries in the log before it dies).

> I doubt if the MTRR setting is responsible for the server crashing,
> but you can always build a kernel without options "MTRR" to be sure.

I also see these warnings with a Radeon card. The server does not crash and
seems to work fine, but the text consoles are getting trashed. This is
described in PR 18386. Disabling MTRR in the kernel does not make the
warnings disappear. I even tried 4.1.0, which did not have MTRR support. The
warnings are gone then, but the console problem is still there.

I suppose this isn't X releated but a kernel problem. But I have no idea
where it could be.

Bye, Chris

--
          __
         /// Amiga 4000T 040/40                    /~\ The ASCII

IBM creates Operating Systems - MS-DOSn't