Subject: Re: VIA chipsets still suck.
To: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/13/2002 15:24:02
On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 09:13:16AM -0400, John Franklin wrote:
> I have problems with USB on a VIA based MB... but only when running a MP
> NetBSD and Linux kernels.  The USB works fine with an SP kernel, works
> fine with Win2k (dual-proc) and fine with a Linux SP.  Haven't tried
> FreeBSD MP.
>
> Near as I can figure, the device is generating an interrupt which isn't
> being properly routed.  The USB is the only device interrupting on INTD
> (the below dmesg may or may not be verbose enough to show).

If win2k works, it might be the case that the interrupt routing entry
to the IO APIC (only used for MP currently) in the MP BIOS table is wrong,
but that win2k uses ACPI and does find the right info.

- Frank
--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD Development, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/