Subject: Re: Soekris net4501 and 1.6 distirbution...
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/21/2002 23:23:39
--ylS2wUBXLOxYXZFQ

Hi,

earlier I wrote:

> Yes, I _did_ use serial bootblocks - I netbooted the INSTALL kernel,
> escaped to shell, and reinstalled them manually to be sure about that.

I can add two more datapoints:

1.6 INSTALL with 1.6 disk bootblocks installed from INSTALL doesn't boot.
1.6 GENERIC with 1.5ZA disk bootblocks does boot.
1.6 GENERIC with 1.6 disk bootblocks installed from installed 1.6 system
	does boot.

so... the kernel seems to be innocent to me, the 1.6 bootblocks as in
base.tgz seem innocent to me, it must be the bootblocks on the 1.6 INSTALL
kernel. Does this conclusion look ok to anybody else?

Regards,
	-is
--=20
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/