Subject: Re: mr radio 'can't map io space'
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@autogear.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/03/2002 12:25:54
On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:22:29 +0200
> From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
> To: George Sollish <gsollish@autogear.net>
> Cc: port-i386@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: mr radio 'can't map io space'
>
> It doesn't look like the card needs an irq (from a quick look at the
> driver).
> Have you tried using radioctl to set the frequency etc?
> The xmradio program seems to try and open the wrong device (/dev/tuner).
>
>     -- Lennart

Thanks, Lennart, for looking at this; my apology to the list for
my previous long post.

You're right that the mr (and Openbsd's gtp) work without an irq.

With my hacked mr driver radioctl can set the frequency, etc., but the
card is never reported as 'on' and nothing is ever passed to the soundcard
(as far as I can tell).  My guess is that my untutored assault on
OpenBSD's gtp driver didn't get the job done.

Forget my comments about xmradio -- that professes to work only with
the bktr driver.

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer		Auto Gear Equipment
			Project Manager		The Payne Lake Project