Subject: 1.6_RC1, cdrecord, and mysterious system resets
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/25/2002 09:27:29
I've twice in the last week had my system reset (no crash dump) when I
started a cdrecord to burn an image.  In both cases, I had blanked a
CD-RW previously (blank=all) and left it in the drive (either for a few
hours or a few minutes).  I was running cdrecord in an xterm window.
I've rebuilt cdrecord since installing 1.6_RC1 in hopes that would help,
but I've still gotten crashes since then.

I have had it work just fine in several other cases, including all the
times I tried on the console in a vain attempt to see any messages that
might have been missing.

I never had problems with cdrecord and 1.5.x releases/snapshots.

Anybody else having such problems?
--
==John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>, <john_kohl@alum.mit.edu>
Home page: <http://john.kohl.home.attbi.com/>