Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 1.6 BETA (August 9 kernel; 1.5.2 userland)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/22/2002 17:49:11
> On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 12:29:39AM -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > Second problem, when I decided to get online to mail about the above two:
> > I found that I couldn't get out of my system onto even my LAN.  Mozilla is
> > telling me that connections are refused (even now after finding a partial
 [...]

The "partial workaround" doesn't seem to actually be a workaround.  I'm
still not sure what kicks my system out of queuing up packets.  But
twiddling the MTU apparently was just coincidental with my system sorting
(most of) its problems out, before.

 [re. Mozilla]]
> This is an issue with the way mozilla handle ipv6/ipv4 connections, and
> the way the NetBSD kernel works with ipv6 now. I think there is a sysctl
> to restore the old behavior (net.inet6.ip6.v6only ?), but you need a new
> sysctl binary to change it.

Okay, noted.

> mozilla has been fixed in pkgsrc, so if you recompile it'll work with the
> default sysctl settings.

I'll upgrade pkgsrc and rebuild everything after I upgrade to 1.6.  I
don't think that I'm going to put myself through an "extra" rebuild at the
tail end of my 1.5.x days, though.  I'll just use Netscape, or boot a
1.5.x kernel in the meantime.

Thanks for the answers.  (^&  Much appreciated.