Subject: mr radio 'can't map io space'
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@autogear.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/14/2002 08:47:03
Can't imagine this is anyone's high priority, but has anyone had any luck
with the mr driver for the Guillemot Maxiradio PCI FM radio card?  Now
that the driver compiles into 1.6rc1, the card probes and identifies
itself "mr0 at pci0 dev 18 function 0: Guillemot MAXIRADIO (rev. 0x01)"
but prints ": can't map i/o space" on the following line and, of course,
does not open /dev/radio.  I tried this on two boxes, one single and the
other double processor Pentium III, with the same kernel and the same
result.

I did a bit of research (I'm no programmer, so I can't do much more) and
discovered that OpenBSD has recently trashed the mr driver and replaced it
with a gtp driver saying something along the lines that the old mr driver
was never tested and the new gtp one might actually work.  Can the OpenBSD
driver be imported into 1.6?

Thanks.

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer		Auto Gear Equipment
			Project Manager		The Payne Lake Project