Subject: [rasputin@idoru.mine.nu: Re: CD drive media event]
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/13/2002 12:44:50
----- Forwarded message from Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu> -----

From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Re: CD drive media event

* Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de> [020813 10:47]:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 07:37:16PM -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> > On Sat, 3 Aug 2002 @ 2:27pm (+0200), Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> > ...you mean vold or automountd from some commercial unix's?
>
> err, vold. Automountd is sort of the reverse function - try to mount a known
> volume when it is accessed, while vold tries to mount whatever is inserted
> into a changable media drive, shortly after it is inserted.

Isn't the distinction a bit like
'if a tree falls in a forest and there's no-one to hear it...'?

There was aDaemonnews article related to using amd to auto-mount CDs, it's
at:

http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html

configuration was a little cumbersome, but the basic idea was sound...

----- End forwarded message -----