Subject: Driver error explanations (was Re: Strange fs crash)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Kaegi <kgc@zhwin.ch>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/27/2002 11:29:49
On 2002.06.26 22:30, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > Ok. Next problem: I was getting these 'wd0e: uncorrectable data error' messages. wd0e was the partition that was being squished by wd0b, remember. Do you think those are hardware messages, or were those from the overlapping?
>
> "uncorrectable data error" are really hardware errors, reported by the disk.

Manuel, you are often helping us out on the lists by translating the
driver errors into human understandable terms.

Is this information also available in some manpage or FAQ?
If not, would it be possible, to write them up and put
into some suitable form?

Regards

Chris

Christoph Kaegi                                           kgc@zhwin.ch