Subject: Re: Writing an RS422 PCI driver
To: Herman, Joe <Joe.Herman@trw.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/26/2002 22:23:38
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 02:56:16PM -0700, Herman, Joe wrote:
> Could someone please suggest good any books on writing an
> RS422 PCI device driver (for a Rocketport board).  I have the
> feeling from a two year-old post that the driver  written for
> FreeBSD won't be of much help in this endeavor (?)

It'll help you understand how to talk to the board.
For the glue between your driver and the kernel, better look at another
NetBSD PCI driver.
I don't know any book on this subject, but there are manual pages
in section 9 wich are helpfull.

Better use tech-kern@netbsd.org

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>