Subject: Problems updating pkgsrc/devel/ddd
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/26/2002 13:03:30
Hi,

I tried updating the ddd package to 3.3.1. What I did was changing DISTNAME
in the Makefile from ddd-3.3 to ddd-3.3.1 and make makesum. It seems that
there are no changes in the installed files, so I left PLIST unchanged.

It builds fine, but now it shows lots of duplicated strings in the
requesters (e.g. "Tip of the Day" window, help window). The first line is
always ok. The following lines are sometimes duplicated in the next line.
Some lines are printed only partially and repeated completely in the next
line. This seems to happen when the following word is in bold face, but
generally I can't see a pattern when the problem occurs.
The system is NetBSD 1.5.2 with lesstif-0.93.0 installed.

I have included some more patches to fix a few bugs also, but I can't see
where they could be related to this problem. Also 3.3 built and worked
correctly with these patches.

Any hints what the problem could be? I don't have a clue about the Motif
stuff.

Bye, Chris

--
            __