Subject: Re: usr/sbin/wiconfig in boot floppy
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/19/2002 16:22:24
* Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net> [020619 15:41]:

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
>
> > 	do we still need usr/sbin/wiconfig in boot floppy?  utils/x_ifconfig
> > 	should do everything we need...
>
> Does it let you change the port type? (wiconfig -p)
>
> Some prism II cards seem to need port type to be set uo 4 to work in
> BSS mode...

I couldn't find a way to replace all of the '!' lines:

1rasputin@idoru:chap2$ cat /etc/ifconfig.wi0
!/usr/sbin/wiconfig wi0 -p 1
!/usr/sbin/wiconfig wi0 -c 1
!/usr/sbin/wiconfig wi0 -s STATIONNAME
inet 10.4.0.6 netmask 255.255.255.248 nwid NETNAME

Though I expect I've missed something - if I didn't need
wiconfig I wouldn't have to mount /usr before networking, which
would make life a lot easier - while I'm wishing,
if I could netboot over 802.11, I'd be very happy indeed.....