Subject: Re: Terminal Server
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/2002 17:03:11
On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 04:39:08AM +1000, jonathan michaels wrote:

> i have been toying with the idea of setting up an i486dx33 with some
> 32 (or 64 mb) dram and running something like the old xylogics
> terminal server application suite.
>
> is there anything the xylogics terrminal server package for netbsd ??

ahh, you mean honest-to-god terminal server that you can plug dumb
terminals or modems into or use in milking-machine-mode as a console
server?  :)

the former case is easy... just run gettys on all the ports, and the
standard *nix accounting tools for keeping track of time used, etc...

for the latter, maybe http://www.conserver.com/ is what you're looking
for?

I ran a couple annexen five years ago, but they were just used as modem
servers and I never got too fancy with all the erpcd hooks.