Subject: X on Toshiba Satellite Pro 430CDT
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/16/2002 18:47:26
Hello!

I'm not sure that this question is NetBSD specific, but that's
what I'm running so perhaps this is an appropriate place to ask.

I've tried a few different X servers and modes on this laptop,
but whenever I launch X I get a wierd interference pattern on
the backdrop.  I can mostly see the xterm windows okay, but
thing definitely don't seem right.  Perhaps it's a scan rate
thing, but I have no idea what precise values the LCD panel
requires.

For the record the display adaptor is a C&T 65550, the LCD is
800x600 and the laptop features a "Zoomed Video" PC card slot
that is unoccupied.

Any ideas?  Oh, I'm running NetBSD/i386-1.5.2

Regards,
  - Andy Ball