Subject: Re: pchb PCI Bridge (82452KX/GX?) support
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/12/2002 18:04:46
On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 01:10:48AM +0900, MOCHIDA Shuji wrote:

>  I tried to install NetBSD/i386 1.5.2 into old Pentium 100MHz
> server that has two Adaptec aic7870 HBA equiped. But kernel did not
> find aic7870. So, I insert FreeBSD 4.6 RC4 's kern.flp and it's
> shows that ahc0 and ahc1 is on pci1.
>
> | pcib0: <Intel 824?? host to PCI bridge> on motherboard
> | pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
> |   :
> | pcib1: <Intel 824?? host to PCI bridge> on motherboard
> | pci1: <PCI bus> on pcib1

Ah - one of those systems with 2 host-PCI bridges!

IIRC there are varios (horrid) hw hacks to make the PCI
system look as though the PCI busses are bridged off
each other - at least for IRQ and config cycles (or
maybe just to configure the 2nd host bridge....)

The system probably has multiple IO APICs and a BIOS
that allocates IRQ >15 to the PCI slots.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk