Subject: Re: install netbsd on remote machine
To: Lili Wang <lwang0@uky.edu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/10/2002 11:21:58
On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 11:34:47AM -0400, Lili Wang wrote:

>   I want to install netbsd 1.5.1 on a remote machine.
> There are two partitions on the remote machines: one is
> for FreeBSD and one is for linux. I can overwrite linux
> fs and install NetBSD on the second partiton. I installed
> NetBSD on my local machine with a bootable floppy disk before.But I do not know how to install NetBSD on a remote machine.
>
>   I would really appreciaate it if anyone could help on this  .

You can easily install remotely if you can get a serial console.
I did a remote install via a VNC session to a Windows box running the included
hyperterminal.  The local person only had to interrupt the boot and type
"consdev com0" and I had control. :)

Now if you're trying to do a complete install with zero assistance from
some remote person you will have more work to do. :)

-Andrew