Subject: double summertime :-(
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/24/2002 17:07:29
I've an x86 PC that usually runs netBSD, but sometimes has to
run win98 (usually because of a web site that only IE will
render).

Booting win98 it came up with its 'the system has detected
the start of daylight saving, has has changed the system clock'.
(Dunno why it can't run on UTC like everything else :-(  )

Anyway, next time I boot netBSD I find the clock has advanced
an extra hour :-(

It looks to me as though the code in sys/isa/clock.c should be
looking at the contents of MC_REGB (in this case the MC_REGB_DSE
flag) when setting the time.

Futhermore I'm not sure that rtcinit() should blindly be
setting MC_REGB to MV_REGB_24HR.  I think this will cause
Win98 to advance the clock yet again.
(I need to do that soon.....)

Anyone know any idea why this code is still broken
after so many years?

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk