Subject: Re: my actual (hopefully small) problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Knappe <knappe@tu-harburg.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/2002 00:05:00
On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, [iso-8859-2] Micha³ Pasternak wrote:

> > trinity sendmail[134] My unqualified host name (localhost) unknown;
> > sleeping for retry
> >
> > [alert] httpd: Could not determine the server's fully qualified
> > fomain name, using 127.0.0.1 for servername
>
> AFAIK fully-qualified means hostname + domain.

But I don't have a domain name. This is my machine at home,
which isn't connected to any domain.

> > The problem is, that I have to press CTRL-C after the first error to
> > let the booting continue.
>
> Well, you can also disable sendmail in rc.conf.

If I understand the principle of /etc/defaults/rc.conf
correctly then if I don't write anything regarding sendmail
in /etc/rc.conf then sendmail will not be started.
Actually I get this error when I have
sendmail=NO
sendmail=YES
or nothing in rc.conf.

If I have sendmail=YES then I get a second message regarding sendmail
afterwards, where I don't have to press CTRL-C.

Ciao , Frank .