Subject: Libraries in /usr/pkg/lib
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Knappe <knappe@tu-harburg.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/11/2002 21:02:49
			Hallo!

Most of the time I only compile programs, which are available
in pkgsrc, which mostly always compile without any problems.

Therefor I think this question will be sound rather strange
to a lot of people here.

I want to compile and test afterwards refdb
http://refdb.sourceforge.net/

I was already testet on Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD.

If you only start configure without any options, it can't
find libreadline. With the following options configure
runs through:
./configure --with-mysqlclient-lib=/usr/pkg/lib/mysql
--with-expat-lib=/usr/pkg/lib

Before the make I also set some CFLAGS, without them
some .h file are not found.
setenv CFLAGS '-I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/pkg/include/mysql'

You also have to use gmake instead of make.

The compilation was succesful, but when I want to start one of the
programs, I get the following error:
trinity: {51} ./refdba
Shared object "libreadline.so.4" not found

trinity: {52} ldd ./refdba
./refdba:
         -lreadline.4 => not found
         -ltermcap.0 => /usr/lib/libtermcap.so.0
         -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12

readline-4.2 is installed (in /usr/pkg/lib)

My system is NetBSD1.5.1 with a pkgsrc from the end of last week.

What do I have to do?

Ciao , Frank .