Subject: sysinst offers to install serial bootblocks
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/09/2002 21:33:40
I've got a spare i386 machine at present so tried installing the
recent 1.5ZC snapshot using sysinst.  All went fine until we got to
installing boot blocks.  It asked if I wanted normal or serial boot
blocks.  Yay! serial bootblocks cool yes please...

Oops not supported on i386, and we drop out of sysinst.

BTW I recall a thread out there a long time ago in which someone
mentioned having i386 bootblocks that did serial or keyboard.
That would be nice.  I'd like to run this box with a serial console
for now and eventually put a head on it.

Thanks
--sjg