Subject: Re: Is opera6 working well for you?
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/09/2002 22:53:21
In message <a8smme$doc$1@colwyn.zhadum.de>, you write:

-> In article <15509.52438.563745.451978@iller.crt.se>,
-> 	Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net> writes:
-> > Maybe the problem is with the Synchronous DNS. Has anyone tried to
-> > examine why it crashes without it?
->
-> Because of bugs in our Linux emulation which got fixed in the meantime.
-> Opera 6 works fine with a recent 1.5ZC kernel and SuSE 7.3 packages
-> even if "Synchronous DNS" is not enabled.

Hmm, I thought pkgsrc installed a statically linked opera (so the linux
compat. packages shouldn't matter).  I ask because I still have problems
with Opera 6 with and without Sync. DNS on a kernel from last night... I
see pages load halfway then freeze and frequent crashes (SEGVs) on my lap-
top with the SuSE 6.4 packages.

I suppose I could try and update to the 7.3 packages and see if that makes
a difference...

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill