Subject: Re: problems with Soundblaster AudioPCI 128 - probed but scrambled output
To: None <c0redump@skreel.org>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <milano@zhadum.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/05/2002 21:25:09
Hello,

> yeah, i got a sb128 like you, and it works perfectly.
> Here is the relevant part of dmesg :
>
> eap0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: vendor 0x1274 product 0x1371 ES1373B (rev. 0x06)

But this looks like I have a different chipset - I seem to have the CT5880.

> i am running current. try to upgrade to current like me, but i don't think it will help, cause you can see we have exactly the same card. (is it a clone or an original sound blaster ??)

I don't know if its a clone. As ist was a "bulk" version it had no
real package. It was just the pci card and a cdrom.

I booted with a GENERIC kernel from a NetBSD 1.5ZA snapshot, but it
still gets probed like under 1.5.3_RC1 and playing something still
sounds like too slow and some jitters.

> maybe it comes from the file itself. try a regular thing like an .au
> and do a cat file.au > /dev/audio

No, the same files plays quite well under my SparcStation5 running 1.5ZA.
The same happens for mp3 files too.

So anyone out there with a CT5880 chip on a Soundblaster AudioPCI 128?

Greets
      Thorsten