Subject: Re: xfree
To: zuan . <me_izwan@hotmail.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/04/2002 06:05:19
> ermm out of that is i have re-installed my  xfree4.2.0 from scracth and now
> it works fine but there is some problem when installing from pkgsrc

Oh, you were using 4.2.0?  (Were you using the 4.2.0 that ships with
NetBSD, or the 4.2.0-for-NetBSD from XFree86.org?  I'm not sure if they
are the same...)

> example right now i try to install windowmaker :
> i run make and it will start fetching but it will return with build error :

So, you do this:

 cd /usr/pkgsrc/wm/windowmaker
 make

...correct?

> mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
> imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
> Imakefile.c:13: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
> imake: Exit code 1.
>   Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> I think because of the new Xfree4.2.0 or isit not and the most importently
> how to fix it ??

I don't use 4.2.0, so I can't say.  I use XFree86 3.3.6.  I just built and
installed WindowMaker from pkgsrc.  I vaguely recall seeing this error
once upon a time, but I have no idea when or why or what I did about it.