Subject: Re: cdrecord
To: None <trunks@eros.endersgame.net, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/03/2002 19:35:24
--- trunks@eros.endersgame.net wrote:
> Alright, having a little issue with getting cdrecord
> to work.
>
> The command line I'm using is: cdrecord -v
> dev=15,3,0 speed=4 fs=8m
> /usr/images/mononoke.iso
>
> The response from the program is: cdrecord: Device
> not configured. Cannot
> open SCSI driver.
>
> I double checked that I've got the right drive, and
> everything looks good,
> it just won't run.  Any ideas?

A quick check of the man page for cdrecord says that
dev should be dev=(scsibus,target,lun). Now, it seems
to me that if you have 15 in there as the scsi bus,
then you have 15 scsi adapters in your box? I think
you probably want to use 0,3,0 or even 3,0 (the zero
being implied). Or maybe you have more than one
scsibus, in which case you need to look at your dmesg
output and count up your adapters, then identify the
number of the one that your burner is attached to.

Andy