Subject: Re: New IDE controller.
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
From: Roine Thunberg <artee@garderoben.ath.cx>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/24/2002 22:05:09
On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Richard Rauch wrote:

> > Check /etc/defaults/rc.conf if you are starting some unnessecary
> > rc.d-scripts
>
> I don't touch the defaults dir, only /etc/rc.conf.  If there was something
> in /etc/defaults/rc.conf that killed the system performance, *everyone*
> should be suffering.

you got a point there.

> The system is an Athlon 800MHz with 128MB of RAM.

as mine... but I don't run NetBSD on it atm.

VIA-chipset I suppose. I started a thread a year ago when I bought my
Athlon T-bird 800 with the first generation of VIA-chipsets. I will
remember that I had some trouble with it. But I don't remember if 1.5.2 was out
back then.

Roine Thunberg