Subject: Re: link to Linux libs?
To: Brian Gregor <bgregor@BUPHY.bu.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/24/2002 19:25:35
On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 07:01:11PM -0500, Brian Gregor wrote:

> Is it possible to link a NetBSD executable to libraries
> compiled for Linux?  The motivation for this question is
> the Intel Math Kernel Libraries - optimized BLAS and LAPACK
> code.  They have Linux and Windows versions of the library
> available and I'd like to use them from NetBSD and not have
> to boot back to Win2k...

I don't think this  will work, but you can always try ... maybe, if it's not
too heavily tied to libc, it'll work.
Another option is to install the linux devel RPMs, and run the linux toolchain
under emulation. This will create a linux executable that you can run under
emulation too (I used to compile linux kernels under NetBSD this way ...)