Subject: Re: pppd blues
To: A. Lucien Meyers <a.l.meyers@consult-meyers.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/16/2002 18:03:40
"A. Lucien Meyers" <a.l.meyers@consult-meyers.com> writes:
> Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/tty00
>
> but then the modem instantly hangs up. This behavior is indefinitely
> repeatable. The same hardware works flawlessly with pppd on GNU/Linux,
> Slackware distribution, so I have probably made a configuration error
> with nbsd.

I am not 100% sure this will help, but try using dty00 instead of
tty00 -- the difference is what the default behavior is in the face of
various modem control signals.

> PS Does nbsd already support smp on i386?

There is support for i386 SMP on a branch of -current, but not in
1.5.2 or in -current itself. Many people use it successfully.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com