Subject: MSI Motherboard with VIA Bridges
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Sexton <sexton@serasystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/12/2002 16:10:40
Hello,

I am researching a motherboard brand before making a purchase.  If this
is the wrong place to go, my apologies.  If there is a better place to
ask this question, please let me know.  I am also not on the list so if
replies were sent directly to me that would be great.

I am looking at purchasing a Microstar motherboard (MS-6378L 2.0A) shown
here:

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/MS6378L_2a.htm

which features VIA bridge chips, namely the VIA KLE133 VT8361A chipset
(North-Bridge 510 BGA) and the VIA 686B chipset (South-Bridge 352 BGA).

Does anyone have this motherboard operating reliably at present? (with
NetBSD 1.5.2) If so, are there any limitations or gotchas?

Thank you for your help.

--
Kevin Sexton			Sera Systems
Sales Manager			Ready BSD Servers and Support