Subject: Re: how to get lm sensor data?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/11/2002 15:51:24
Greywolf wrote:
> Rather, that's what the documentation says, but this is not true, at least
> not with -current.
>
> I run gkrellm and can get envstat to work just fine.  And yes, my gkrellm
> is monitoring system stuff.

Note there was a bug in sysmon(4) in that if more than two or more
processes tried to access the device, the processes would deadlock
and even when killed, the device would not be accessiable until
after reboot.

This has been fixed on -current and IIRC pullup up to 1.5 branch.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html
-=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-