Subject: pppuser-001107 rc & reboot problem.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: david vyskocil <david.vyskocil@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/08/2002 04:01:29
Hi.

I've successfully got connexions with 1.5.2, an USB ADSL modem, the
speedtouch-1_0 and pppuser001107 packages, but :

At boot ppp won't execute correctly from a rc file :
eg: /etc/rc.d/PPP or in /etc/rc
#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/sbin/modem_run -v 1 -m -f /usr/local/libdata/mgmt.o   # lauch
modem, synchronize line...
sleep 15   # for testing...
exec /usr/pkg/sbin/ppp -background adsl    # lauch ppp connection as daemon
-->
Working in background mode
Using interface: tun0
Try reconnecting...
Try reconnecting...
It's stay there and suspend the rc process.
But if I type it at prompt usually it work :
#ppp -background adsl
Working in background mode
Using interface: tun0
#

Is someone have an idea on what I could look for ? Why it try to reconnect
while it should connect ?
And what the difference to be lauched in rc script (at last stage) or after
logged in ?
Could it be some paths or sets not yet defined at rc's process ?

Regards,
david.vyskocil@wanadoo.fr