Subject: VMware 3.0.0 vs. NetBSD 1.5.x
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Paul J. Lavoie <pjl@ilx.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/2002 17:22:49
Hello. Having a need to have some minimal Windows support without switching
boxes, I started to look at VMware recently. Unfortunately for me, it looks
like only version 3.0 is available in the marketplace, and I have not had luck
getting it to run under 1.5.2, after having transferred the installation from
a Linux install - complains about the kernel module not being of the correct
revision. Has anyone been able to get 3.0 to work under NetBSD, or know where
a license for 2.0.4 can be purchased (VMware has dropped 2.0.4 from their list
of purchasable products on their website, but I haven't called them direct yet)

Thanks.

-pjl

Paul J. Lavoie		pjl@ilx.com		(212) 510-3029
ILX Systems, Inc.	111 Fulton St		New York, NY  10038