Subject: Re: yamaha cd writer
To: None <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/01/2002 20:49:26
Hi..

In article <20020201104431.B253@rxgpc.sparqnet.net>
rxg@ms25.url.com.tw wrote:

> I just tried my CDRW(cd1). I found it did not work for me, too.
> I have a bit long time not to use it. ;)
> On my system:
> trm0: target 0, 8bits Narrow transfer
> trm0: target 0, Sync transfer 10.0 MB/sec, Offset 15
> cd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <MATSHITA, CD-ROM CR-506, 8S05> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable
> trm0: target 1, 8bits Narrow transfer
> trm0: target 1, Sync transfer 10.0 MB/sec, Offset 15
> cd1 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0: <SONY, CD-RW  CRX160S, 1.0a> SCSI4 5/cdrom removable

Does the drive really say SCSI4, or just a typo?
Anyway, does it work with other SCSI host adapters?
Or does it work on other OS?

> I am sure both them are Ok in 1.5Z, but I only can get cd0 working well with
> -cuurent now. I will go back to track the source. It seems I also need
> someone's help. Hi, Izumi, are you here? :)

Doesn't your kernel print any log in dmesg on the failure?
I have both trm and Yamaha CDRW, but they are in
different machines so I cannot test them right now..
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp