Subject: Re: SASL support
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/01/2002 00:43:49
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> A bit OT, but it's not polite to relay, or 'smart host', or 'fast forward'
> mail through your ISP.  It's a bit redunant unless you're paying for ETRN
> service.  Just do your own deliveries.

? Isn't that what Windows and Mac users do? Some ISPs even require you
to go through their mail server--for better abuse monitoring, I suppose.
They block TCP port 25 traffic except to/from their servers.

I do think it's good to cut out the middleman if possible though.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++