Subject: Re: Updated Wine pkgsrc entry (finally) available
To: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/30/2002 15:14:06
On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 09:19:10PM +0900, Bang Jun-Young wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:11:57PM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > From: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>
> > > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/junyoung/wine-new.tar.gz
> > >
> > > If you see a problem with this, please let me know.
> >
> > I couldn't make it with xpkgwedge.
> > (complained that libGL wasn't found.)
>
> Have you tried with the new one I uploaded today in the same directory?
> Since I don't have xpkgwedge installed on my machine, I have no idea
> on what's wrong with it. Maybe Thomas Klausner (or other pkgsrc experts)
> can give some clues.

I'll take a look at this package and see if I can untangle the X11 problem.
I'm sort of the xpkgwedge expert.  I have some questions, though, on the
package in wine-new-20020131.tar.gz:

     1) What's the purpose of setting LD_RUN_PATH?

     2) Is wine supposed to be installed under /usr/X11R6?  You currently
	have USE_X11BASE set in the Makefile, but it wasn't that way before.

     3) In patch-aa, you explicitly add "-lc" to LIBS.  Why is this
	necessary?  I'd like to insert a comment to simplify future
	maintenance.

     4) Will this package really work with NetBSD-1.5?  Or only with NetBSD
	releases starting with 1.5.3?

wiz: If you're already working on this package, please let me know so that
     we don't duplicate efforts.

	Thanks,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>