Subject: Re: cbb0 on a Toshiba Portege 4000
To: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu.rinta-aho@nomadiclab.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/30/2002 10:03:23
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:
> I have a Toshiba Portege 4000 and no matter what kind
> of BIOS settings or PCIBIOS* options in kernel configuration
> used, the kernel can't probe the used IRQ for the CardBus 0
> device. cbb1 and cbb2 devices work fine. Under another
> operating system, all CardBus bridges work, so it is
> not a hardware problem.

You didn't tell which OS version exactly you run.
I have the same machine and cbb0 works wth 1.5.3_ALPHA here:

	cbb0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0: Texas Instruments product 0xac50 (rev. 0x01)
	cbb1 at pci0 dev 17 function 0: Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC95B CardBus-PC I Bridge (rev. 0x07)
	cbb2 at pci0 dev 17 function 1: Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC95B CardBus-PC I Bridge (rev. 0x07)

Note that 1.5.2 needs some pullups to accept cbb0.  I have placed a
working kernel, kernel config file with some hints etc. at the download
page at http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/Toshiba.

Please note that for rebuilding, you will need 1.5.3_ALPHA or -current
sources (-current untested!). Let me know if you have other problems with
the machine.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html