Subject: Re:
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/2002 12:41:49
In message <200201181834.g0IIYCn9028326@daffy.thegoop.com>, "David" writes:
>Certainly untrue, though I would think the MVP4 has left a bad taste in
>the mouth, the MVP4 and KT133A and KT266A and even the Slot A Athlons's KX133

The KT133A and relatives don't do ECC, but VIA told many of the motherboard
vendors they would, so a lot of boards were labeled as "supporting ECC" when
they don't.

Those are also the boards with which we've had every single "weird" problem
I've seen on PC hardware.  (One BSD/OS customer had a system that lost serial
port interrupts under load, and wouldn't come back until reset.  VIA chipset.)

-s