Subject: Re: Mini-PC 'Spacewalker'
To: Norm , <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Sartorius <ssartor@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/2002 22:43:04
on 1/14/02 8:16, Norm at norm@sandbox.org.uk wrote:

> Has anyone in the US played with one of these?
>
> http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/02q1/020111/index.html
>
> Very tiny PC case.  I'm looking for something exactly like it over here in
> England, but I can only find this box available at outpost.com  (won't ship
> internationally)  at the moment.
>
> So - two questions, a) have you tried it with NetBSD, and how well does it
> fare?  and b) anyone know of an alternate vendor?
>
> Thanks!
>

> "If you wanna find me, I'll be out in the sandbox..."
> Barenaked Ladies

As I mentioned in an earlier thread on this subject, I've had one for about
a month now and it runs NetBSD (1.5.2) just fine.  Only caveat:  neither the
onboard TV-out (Chrontel CH7006C) or Firewire (Lucent FW323) interfaces are
supported under 1.5.2.  Maybe in current....

One word of warning -- be careful putting this together as it is a very
tight fit.  I ruined two IDE cables (including the special short cable in
the box) before I got everything set up.

Steve