Subject: Re: Mini-PC 'Spacewalker'
To: None <chip@chocobo.cx>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/2002 18:42:20
Chip Marshall <chip@setzer.chocobo.cx> writes:

> Firewire I'm not sure off. I'm still running GENERIC on the box I have
> here, and I don't see any Firewire stuff in dmesg.

Well, here's the line showing that it's there, but not recognized:

AT&T Microelectronics product 0x5811 (Firewire serial bus, interface 0x10, revision 0x04) at pci0 dev 15 function 0 not configured

I see that, in -current at least, there's no product 0x5811 listed
anywhere, but maybe this is generically recognized somewhere?

Is it enough to just put:

  fwohci* at pci? dev ? function ?

in the kernel config, or will it need the deviceid listed in a table
somewhere? (This is all assuming it is OHCI-compliant. Anyone know if
it is?)

I need something like one of these boxes, but firewire figures heavily
in my plan...