Subject: Re: booting wrong partition (1.4.1)
To: Anne Bennett <anne@alcor.concordia.ca>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/13/2002 21:59:33
Please forgive me, Anne, I'm going to ask the obvious questions first.

Did you remember to do

	cd /usr/mdec
	./installboot biosboot.sym /dev/rwd0a

?

The bootcode might be assuming something about your boot device.

Did you happen to do the hard-coding-the-devices-in-the-kernel
kind of thing?  That can cause this kind of difficulty.

You should also be able to specify:

boot wd0a:netbsd -sa

and have the kernel ask you for your boot device.  This should work.