Subject: Re: VMware: error opening /proc/meminfo
To: ptiJo <ptiJo@noos.fr>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/12/2002 22:56:03
On 12-Tam-02, ptiJo wrote:

>     I made a link from /emul/linux/proc to /proc and mount le linprocfs in /proc (thX Wojciech ;)
>     Did "/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/vmmon start"
>     No more meminfo BUT now it freezes the whole system :/
>
>     Any idea ?

You mean when you start VMWare, and Power On the emulation?

If its freezing at that point, you most likely have the floppy drive
enabled in VMWare, but your actual floppy drive is empty. NetBSD has
some trouble with the floppy handling, so if you keep the floppy
enabled in VMWare, you also need to have a floppy in drive.

You should be able to switch the virtual console from X to your
console, and see kernel complaining... just insert a floppy, go
back to VMWare, and disconnect the floppy.

Another possibility is some CD-ROM drive issue (seen it float here
on the mailing lists), but I haven't encountered that, so you might
want to dig into the mailing list archives (port-i386 should do the
trick).

--
Arto Huusko (arto.huusko@utu.fi) | Diving Is Fun
Divecalc @ http://divecalc.cjb.net