Subject: Re: ECS K7S5A motherboard with SiS 735 - ethernet
To: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
From: Gary Duzan <gary@duzan.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/2002 23:23:06
   There are still driver problems with the ethernet and the audio
is unsupported. I understand the Linux SiS900 drivers work ok with
it, so I assume that the NetBSD driver is missing something. With
some patches I can get pings through, but fancier stuff (e.g. NFS)
doesn't work. Support for the audio is pretty much out until we
get docs on it. I'm running both off PCI cards for now.
   Otherwise, it seems reasonably solid. I haven't done any
benchmarks, so I can't really comment on performance. I also haven't
tested things like USB support, so that might be worth checking out
first.

					Gary D. Duzan

In Message <Pine.NEB.4.33.0201112151100.20304-100000@csserver2.wheaton.edu> ,