Subject: Re: PCI SCSI board moved to PIII, problems
To: Anne Bennett <anne@alcor.concordia.ca>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/07/2002 17:04:33
--- Anne Bennett <anne@alcor.concordia.ca> wrote:

> The ever-helpful christos@zoulas.com (Christos
> Zoulas) responds to my post:
>
> > This is a bug in the adaptek driver it seems and
> there is a PR for it.
>
> I can't seem to find it under "adaptek" (no matches)
> or under SCSI
> (looking for string "time" in results).  I don't
> suppose you know the
> number?

That would be adaptec of course... Do you know the
model of the adapter? I think they use that same
chipset in many cards. I'm not much help here, but
I've never had a problem with an adaptec card that a
bios update didn't fix. They are just plain good as
far as I can tell. I dont see why a new motherboard
would cause problems other than an the very lowest of
levels.

If you can find the model of the card, I'd go to
adaptec.com and look for updates. Seems like the card
is the main culprit.

Andy